The Steele County Historical Society preserves and shares history today for tomorrow. Your membership support helps SCHS use the power of history to transform lives.
VISION: The Steele County Historical Society is a dynamic organization serving our audiences through public programs, research, stewardship, and through our consistent visibility. We will strive to be a credible educational resource, a welcoming gathering place, an active partner, and a forward-looking institution. Click here for a membership brochure.
- FREE ADMISSION to History Center exhibits and lectures. One free guided Village of Yesteryear tour during the regular tour season of May 1 through September 30th. For individuals this is one tour, for family memberships this includes up to two adults and up to four children or grandchildren under the age of 18.
- ACCESS to genealogy and research room facilities and resources.
- MONTHLY FREE CHILDREN’S PROGRAMMING: for preschool and children ages K–Grade 6. These programs are usually held the first Thursday of each month. Please check our Facebook page and website for more details.
- QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER and updates on current events & informative stories about Steele County history and artifacts.
- ACCESS TO THE “TIME TRAVELERS” PROGRAM: If you like to travel and visit historic venues, all you need to do is present your SCHS membership card and you will receive either reduced or FREE admission to over 200 participating historical societies, museums, and historic homes nationwide (including FREE admission to the Minnesota Historical Society sites and the History Center in St. Paul). Click here to learn more!
- Senior Citizen (65+) per person – $20 per year
- Regular Annual Individual 1 year – $30 per year
- Regular Individual 3 years – $80 for 3 years
- Family Membership 1 year – $45 per year
- Family Membership 3 years – $125 for 3 years
- Business Membership – $75 per year
Annual Giving (includes membership above)
- Friend – $250
- Benefactor – $500
- Patron – $1,000 or more